Yes, that’s David Leite up there ^^^ taking a photo of divine Portuguese pastéis de nata (custard tarts) that we discovered when we both joined The Sugar Walk of the Marais, a walking tour developed by one of the talented and knowledgeable La Cuisine Paris pastry chefs, Guillemette. The tour takes place in the trendy Marais […]
One. Hundred. Recipes. One Hundred. Weeks. Of cooking with Dorie Greenspan. Well cooking through Around my French Table with an amazing group of bloggers. I mean, I always looked forward to Fridays but this group makes them even better. I love reading everyone’s posts on Friday mornings and even if I don’t always get around […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was one I couldn’t wait to try. Blueberry Nectarine Pie (p 384) couldn’t have come at a better time – I’m in Paris with access to beautiful fruit and I loved the idea of slightly tart blueberries with juicy sweet nectarines. But in a pie? Hmmm… Now don’t take […]
You can find the recipe for Kate’s easy French all-butter pastry over at The Kitchen at Camont’s blog. You can read more about the ingredients on this post about our weekend with Tim and Kate. Disclosure: I am a guest of Kate Hill and Tim Clinch at Camont this weekend for their Natural Light Natural […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie was one I had been dreading a little – not because I didn’t think Blueberry-Mascarpone Roulade (p 442) didn’t sound scrumptious but because I’m baking in Paris. Sans proper baking equipment. And you know, I didn’t really want to head out and drop a bunch of Euros on a […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote