Dear Dorie, Please forgive me for I have sinned completely changed up the French Fridays with Dorie recipe for Double Chocolate and Banana Tart (pp 467-468). I did plan on making it like it said to in the book, honest. In fact I was going to make it as my own birthday cake. But then […]
This weeks Tuesdays with Dorie was hosted by hosted by Lynette of 1smallkitchen and Cher of The Not So Exciting Adventures of a Dabbler. I was intrigued to learn what “Hungarian Shortbread” (pp 327-328) was. After making and eating it, however, I am still not quite sure of what makes it Hungarian, although it’s the type […]
You say friand, I say financier… This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – coconut friands (p 456) – threw me into a bit of a spin. I have heard my mum talking about friands, which all along I had thought was just a different name for financiers – turns out even Dorie was confused […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie was hosted by Truc of Treats and Michelle of The Beauty of Life. Lemon loaf cake is like a pound cake, intensely flavoured with lemon zest. It’s also the cake that finally convinced me to throw out my loaf pan and buy a new one. So sad, I love the “weathered” look […]
I’m pleased to bring you the second in a series of recipes I am developing for Liberté – my first was a lightened up version of Coeur à la Crème using the 0% Plain Greek yogurt. This time, I’ve got a real treat in store for you – a yogurt cake… So moist, with the […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Mardi Michels on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Diane Balch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- yummychunklet on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!