In French, it’s known as tarte flambée, in Alsatian it’s flammekueche, in German flammkuchen. Whatever you call it, it’s mouthwateringly good and we enjoyed a number of these last summer when we spent a week in Colmar in Alsace. Basically, it’s a VERY thin crust pizza topped with lardons (bacon strips), white onions and a […]
French Fridays with Dorie: Buckwheat blini with caramelized shallots, witled arugula and crème fraîche
Ok so I cheated a little with this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe. It was supposed to be buckwheat blinis with smoked salmon and crème fraîche but anyone who knows me will know that smoked salmon is one of the foods I simply cannot eat (just a dislike, not an allergy). In any case, […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was intriguing to say the least. Pan fried chicken breast coated in a mixture of crème fraîche and speculoos crumbs, aka cinnamon crunch chicken. Yes, you read it right. I approached this with some trepidation as it just sounds wrong. It took about 10 minutes to pull together… […]
what are you looking for?
- Cathy on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month