In French, it’s known as tarte flambée, in Alsatian it’s flammekueche, in German flammkuchen. Whatever you call it, it’s mouthwateringly good and we enjoyed a number of these last summer when we spent a week in Colmar in Alsace. Basically, it’s a VERY thin crust pizza topped with lardons (bacon strips), white onions and a [...]
French Fridays with Dorie: Buckwheat blini with caramelized shallots, witled arugula and crème fraîche
Ok so I cheated a little with this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe. It was supposed to be buckwheat blinis with smoked salmon and crème fraîche but anyone who knows me will know that smoked salmon is one of the foods I simply cannot eat (just a dislike, not an allergy). In any case, [...]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was intriguing to say the least. Pan fried chicken breast coated in a mixture of crème fraîche and speculoos crumbs, aka cinnamon crunch chicken. Yes, you read it right. I approached this with some trepidation as it just sounds wrong. It took about 10 minutes to pull together… [...]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on Love your lentils
- jora on It’s a French Food Revolution Friday: Les Petits Chefs bake madeleines
- Mandy de Roo: Traveling, Food, Lifestyle and More on Love your lentils
- Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on It’s a French Food Revolution Friday: Les Petits Chefs bake madeleines
- Carol Harrison on eat. live. travel. write. turns FOUR!