Yikes! Where did the summer go? I’m back at work already for teachers’ planning week and it just seems like yesterday we were wrapping up the school year (actually it was mid-June so nowhere near yesterday but it certainly feels like it!). During the crazy first few weeks of school, I sometimes find it hard […]
Tomorrow is Mothers’ Day and for those of you who are still looking for a quick dish to add to a brunch table or even a dessert, I have the perfect thing. Little pots of jam and cream. That’s right. Jam. And cream. Cream cheese, to be exact. I am thrilled to announce that I […]
Those of you who read this blog on a regular basis know that I am a bit of a sweet tooth. It runs in the family – both my my mum and sister (and secretly, though he’d never admit it, my dad!) are big on desserts, sweets, chocolate, cakes, pastries… you get the idea… So […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (coeur à la crème, p 425) was one I’d been waiting to try. It’s a recipe I know very well – my mum used to make these when I was in my teens, for dinner parties (we entertained a LOT – must be where I get the love […]
Last month, I had the chance to preview The McCormick Flavor Forecast for 2013. In that post I mentioned I was interested in looking further at the Global My Way and Empowered Eating trends, and those will certainly be important avenues for me to investigate this year. These two ideas are more than “trends” for […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote