Last weekend I was fortunate enough to participate in the “International Cookies” class at Bonnie Gordon College of Confectionary** Arts – part of the Part Time Bakery Essentials Certificate. A unique programme designed for students who wish to study baking and pastry arts part-time, the course teaches skills and techniques for making various cakes, cupcakes, […]
This week, Les Petits Chefs once again had the great pleasure of working with Chef Vanessa Yeung, of Aphrodite Cooks. She’s been in working with the club before, once making ginger chicken potstickers and vegetarian water dumplings and another time making dumplings and mango salad. Well apparently little boys LOVE dumplings because on the way […]
Can you keep a secret? I am a terrible “holiday” person. There, I said it. Apart from the fact that Neil and I are so very rarely in Canada for Christmas and even more rarely sharing it with family, I find it really hard to get organised enough to buy gifts and make […]
Les Petits Chefs again had the honour of welcoming Chef Vanessa Yeung of Aphrodite Cooks into the kitchen science lab this week. Vanessa came in the spring for a different group of Petits Chefs and showed them how to make dumplings and pot-stickers and she graciously agreed to come back this term! For those who […]
You all know how much I love cooking with kids, right? Well last week I had the great fortune to spend a day at Nella Cucina’s cooking camp for kids. Result? Well firstly, I wish I had gone to such wonderful cooking classes when I was little (no, Welsh Rarebit in Home Economics class in […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Cher on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Dolores Kulaš (Dolly Cool) on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Tanya on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Colleen on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway