Dorie warns us that “the drama is fleeting” with this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – cheese soufflé (pp 150 – 151). I know this about soufflés, I mean who doesn’t? As per my usual modus operandi, I down sized the recipe to what I thought would make two tiny soufflés – one for […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe – Saint Germain des Prés onion biscuits – was clearly not meant to be. Unless, of course you live in Australia where the above ^^^^^ is a perfectly acceptable rendition of what one might consider a “biscuit”. However, Dorie was not referring to what North Americans might call […]
A lil ambitious this week, I was. After a 2 week hiatus from Les Petits Chefs due to illness then mid-term break, I had forgotten how long things take with 10 little boys in a science lab! I chose 2/3 items from a complete menu this week – tomato soup with chunky croutons and sticky […]
I was very happy this week to see the French Fridays with Dorie recipe was cheese-topped onion soup (pp 56-57). Not only because I love a good French onion soup but because I know how good it is – I’ve made it before. In fact, I made it the very first week of FFWD when […]
(aka: (Not) mussels and chorizo) It’s a quick French Fridays with Dorie post this week. Many of you know that I was quite ill last weekend and I am still only eating very plain food. So the thought of Mussels and Chorizo (page 316) didn’t exactly thrill me. In fact, it didn’t really thrill me […]
what are you looking for?
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Coco in the Kitchen on What’s cooking? Mini chicken pot pies