Clafoutis (say it with me: kla-foo-tee). It’s one of those dishes I tend to forget about too often. Part custard, part cake, part flan this dish hails from the Limousin region in France and is traditionally made using whole black cherries with their pits still in. A custard is poured around the fruit and baked […]
It seems fitting that I am writing about clafoutis – this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (whole-cherry clafoutis, p 452) from Camont in Gascony, home of the fabulous Kate Hill – where I watched as she prepared the most amazing peach clafoutis exactly a year ago. I’d never really been into clafoutis until last […]
This month’s Kitchen Bootcamp challenge – Eggs and Breakfast – was one I was struggling a little with. I understood Jen’s choice (she’s 7 months pregnant and was looking for easy recipes to complete in the height of summer!) but many of the recipes were much heavier dishes than I usually eat on a summer […]
As I sat in the TGV racing to Agen last Thursday, I was pretty happy to read that this week’s Gastropost mission was PEACHES! I knew, heading down to spend the weekend in The Kitchen at Camont with Kate Hill, that a trip to the Nerac market would be in order and I was on […]
what are you looking for?
- Book review: Sweet & Simple by Christine Lane
- Giveaway: Win a signed copy of Sweet & Simple by Christina Lane (Canada)
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!