This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was just what the doctor ordered. Last week was full of parent-teacher interviews for me and Mr Neil’s been down with the flu for over a week AND it’s tax time all of which mean things were a little glum. It’s nothing that a fresh, light orangey cake can’t […]
Well now. I knew from the get-go that I wouldn’t be able to follow the directions for this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (crab and avocado “ravioli”, p 185). It’s an odd recipe to start with – calling for very finely sliced avocado using a mandoline (which I don’t have and even if I […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Fresh orange pork tenderloin, p 273) included a couple of firsts for me. Not because of the pork with fruit combo – that’s a no-brainer for me. But, firstly, because I NEVER think that a pork tenderloin is going to be a “quick meal” – mostly because many […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen