Everyone knows that teaching kids to cook is something I am passionate about. Through my Petits Chefs and Cooking Basics classes, I’m teaching my students how to cook, yes, but also life skills that will serve them well as adults. This year, you’ll also know that for Food Revolution Day – TODAY - Jamie Oliver […]
Being Australian, I grew up knowing and loving lamingtons. And, well, eating them. But not so much making them. In fact I hadn’t made them until a few years ago when I did a kinda sorta tutorial (please excuse the bad photos, it was way back at the beginning of my blogging journey!) in preparation […]
I’m a HUGE fan of éclairs. Actually I am a huge fan of choux pastry – it’s so versatile – you can make éclairs and profiteroles, gougères or fancier desserts like Paris-Brest. But as well as being a huge fan of making choux pastry, I love to eat it. A lot. Eclairs are something I’ll […]
Paris – what? I hear you asking about the name of this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Paris-Brest, p 475). Basically, it’s a large choux-pastry ring, filled with crème pâtissière, created in 1891 to commemorate the Paris–Brest bicycle race. It’s supposed to represent a bicycle wheel and apparently became popular with riders on the […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was Espresso Profiteroles (p 411) which I admit I was quite excited about. In theory. However, I didn’t read the recipe last week, until I started making these on Sunday morning. Until I realised that I was supposed to make ice cream. Cinnamon ice cream. (Ick!). AND esprosso-flavoured choux […]
what are you looking for?
- Tricia on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Sarah on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Happy Birthday, Dorie! A French Fridays Celebration | One Wet Foot on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Laura on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- A French Fridays with Dorie Trifecta Celebration!! - A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!