This week’s French Fridays with Dorie introduced me to cocoa sablés (pp 402-403) – basically a chocolate shortbread, studded with finely chopped dark chocolate. It’s buttery and melts in your mouth, even cut thick like Dorie suggests (she calls them “substantial”), though she does say that if you cut them thinner, you can make ice […]
Yeah yeah yeah, it’s Mardi Gras. Fat Tuesday. The day I used to dread when I was little because, you just KNOW that other little kids delighted in calling me “Fat Tuesday”. In any case, I’m kinda sorta over that and instead of sulking in a corner, I am embracing Mardi Gras and celebrating – […]
How excited was I to see Dorie’s Nutella Tartine (p 414-415) listed as this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe? Pretty excited that’s for sure! Apart from the fact that I have already made it and absolutely loved it, I just happened to have a gorgeous loaf of white bread on hand from this week’s […]
Yes folks, it’s World Nutella Day 2012! Once again, Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso are hosting “World Nutella Day 2012″ (the SIXTH instalment!) – a day to celebrate, get creative with, and most importantly, eat Nutella. After 2010′s cheesecake and 2011′s Nutella lamingtons, this year I tried something I have been […]
When Kraft Canada contacted me to ask if I would like to bake up some holiday goodies for the “Dessert First” program from Desserts Centre.ca, I knew exactly who I would bake with – Les Petits Chefs! The boys are always asking me to bake but what you can bake in under an hour total […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote