Last weekend I was fortunate enough to participate in the “International Cookies” class at Bonnie Gordon College of Confectionary** Arts – part of the Part Time Bakery Essentials Certificate. A unique programme designed for students who wish to study baking and pastry arts part-time, the course teaches skills and techniques for making various cakes, cupcakes, […]
Hmmm… this week’s Tuesdays with Dorie Baking with Julia cookies (Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies, p 330) are lucky that I didn’t make them just yesterday and blog about them today. Because these cookies get better a few days later. It’s also lucky Mr Neil was not around over the weekend I did bake them because […]
It’s the last week of May. Soon to be June. There are (yikes! only) two full weeks left of school. And oh so much to get done. Plays to put on, music videos to film and edit, stories to write (for the boys). Oh, and reports to write (for the teachers). So this month’s Kitchen […]
For this month’s Kitchen Bootcamp, Jen challenged us to work with dough and batter. After my foray into fried dough last week with the Daring Bakers doughnuts, I felt I didn’t want to work with anything too complicated like that. I had also recently worked with pastry for French Fridays with Dorie’s mustard tart so […]
what are you looking for?
- Dolores Kulaš (Dolly Cool) on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Tanya on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Colleen on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Paula on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Mr. Neil on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!