“What’s for dinner?” It’s a common question in households across the world. And one I am sure causes frustration and stress for those who are supposed to be preparing the dinner. Fortunately for me, Mr Neil knows better than to ask that – thanks to this blog, he’s pretty well fed and mostly I am […]
Les Petits Chefs are lucky guys. First, that so many Toronto chefs and foodies are willing to donate their time (and often ingredients) to come and work with them in our science lab, but also that so many of them want to come back and work with them again and again. Case in point – […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Chicken Basquaise, p 201) was a perfect dish to share with friends a couple of weekends ago when the weather started to turn autumnal. A slow cooked dish it involves chicken cooked in piperade. Piper-what??? Piperade is a traditional Basque dish – according to Dorie in the Washington […]
Uh huh, so yeah, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was a lovely sounding Salmon with Basil Tapenade (p 299). Lovely if you like salmon. Which I don’t. If I was at home I would have made this for Mr Neil but since I am not (and I was shopping for this on Monday […]
* Culinary icon Julia Child would have turned 100 years old on August 15th of this year. To honor her, the folks at YC Media and Random House/ Alfred A. Knopf are launching the JC100: an international campaign involving restaurants, chefs, bookstores, and bloggers, all celebrating Julia and her legacy. Their goal is to raise one million voices in tribute to Julia, and I […]
This month’s Kitchen Bootcamp challenge was Chapter 20 of The Professional Chef “Grilling and Broiling, Roasting and Baking”. I simply could not NOT post the recipe (well, it’s more a method than a recipe per se) for Mr Neil’s famous roast chicken. For us, roast chicken is a simple staple meal – we have it […]
what are you looking for?
- Book review: Sweet & Simple by Christine Lane
- Giveaway: Win a signed copy of Sweet & Simple by Christina Lane (Canada)
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!