I’m ALL about galettes, me. In recent times, I won a Whole Foods Recipe Contest last Fall with my sweet potato, balsamic-caramelized onion and goat cheese galette, I’ve taught my boys’ cooking club how to make tomato and goat cheese galettes, I’ve made a rustic mushroom quiche/ galette for Mushrooms Canada and my mini mushroom […]
I love recipes that can be put together in about 15 minutes, helpful for when you realise you’ve made the wrong Dorie recipe this week and you have only a few hours of sunlight left to get the correct recipe made and photographed in time! This “bread” (though it’s more like a savoury pound cake) […]
I’ll have to be honest and say that I wasn’t too excited about this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe: Cheesy crème brûlées (p 148). Not that I don’t like cheese but it just sounded odd. A cheesy custard with a cheesy crust on top? Maybe a little too cheesy… But no matter, trying new […]
It’s not Fathers’ Day in Australia today but it is in other countries so I’m dedicating this one to my dad I’m sure you all have recipes like this one. The recipes that don’t even have names but which everyone in the family knows – in this case “those potatoes that mum always makes”. When […]
As many of you who read this blog regularly know, one of my favourite things to do is try to recreate dishes I discover on my travels once I am home. Today in my third post for Liberté, I’m recreating a classic Belgian dish – Chicons au gratin – basically endives wrapped in ham, slathered […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!