What to write, what to write? It’s the final Charcutepalooza challenge. Ever. I can hardly believe it! Who would have thought a year ago that Neil and I would be hosting an all-meat luncheon for 7 people featuring meat we cured, smoked, ground, packed and blended ourselves? Certainly not me. It says a lot about […]
It’s taken me until this month’s Charcutepalooza challenge – the penultimate – to figure out what it’s really it’s all about. It’s not about perfection – indeed, a few things didn’t quite go as planned for us this time around – it’s about the journey. Every day at school, I tell the boys that the […]
Neil is no stranger to charcuterie, having been the bacon and pancetta maker when we participated in Michael Ruhlman’s BLT from scratch challenge back when ELTW was in its infancy. I bought him Ruhlman’s book, Charcuterie, but to date, we’ve only ventured as far as that one challenge. So when I saw my lovely friends […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month