As 2011 comes to a close, I find myself with Neil and his mum, Rosemary, sitting on Lummi Island looking out on this: We’re staying at the Nettles Farm Cabin (there are many chickens right outside the window!) at the Willows Inn and are excited for our five-course tasting menu tonight (which I will battle […]
What to write, what to write? It’s the final Charcutepalooza challenge. Ever. I can hardly believe it! Who would have thought a year ago that Neil and I would be hosting an all-meat luncheon for 7 people featuring meat we cured, smoked, ground, packed and blended ourselves? Certainly not me. It says a lot about […]
It’s taken me until this month’s Charcutepalooza challenge – the penultimate – to figure out what it’s really it’s all about. It’s not about perfection – indeed, a few things didn’t quite go as planned for us this time around – it’s about the journey. Every day at school, I tell the boys that the […]
This month’s Charcutepalooza challenge was one I really enjoyed. First of all, nearly all of the options (rillettes, confit and roulade) appealed to me – the galantine I will perhaps try at some point in the future. In any case, as soon as Neil saw that he was able to make duck confit again, he […]
And so it’s hit me. Nine challenges in, the Charcutefatigue has made an appearance with this month’s challenge – packing. This month, sadly, I just wasn’t in love with my pâté. This month was the month I had the highest hopes for and I figured it was something I couldn’t mess up, so when my […]
what are you looking for?
- TheKitchenLioness on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Rose on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Brandee on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Nana on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)
- French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils