You know you’ve had a busy day in the kitchen when you misread a recipe and only realise it the next day, having racked your brains over and over again to try to figure out what’s going wrong but you just can’t. In any case, there’s so much food that you know you don’t even […]
Rice. Pudding. Two words to strike fear into my heart and, unfortunately, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe. Rice pudding with caramel apples (p. 429) to be exact. Not sure when exactly my dislike for rice pudding started and I am not sure exactly what it is about this dish I don’t like but […]
If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you’ll know that when it comes to cooking with kids, I like to set the bar high. I mean, like, extremely high. The boys are rarely fazed by dishes that may appear difficult (sushi springs to mind) because they don’t have pre-conceived notions about the level […]
It’s the last Petits Chefs post for 2012! Can you believe it? This term I have hosted cooking club not once but TWICE a week (you can check out what my younger students have been up to in cooking club on my school website – working our way through Jamie Oliver’s Home Cooking Skills website) […]
Many of you know that when I was in Paris this summer, I took advantage of having a couple of weeks to occupy myself filled this time with some macaron-making classes. Since I (rightly) figured I might have macaron fatigue after a few classes (and, errr, a number of macaron-tasting sessions!), I also signed up […]
what are you looking for?
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Cher on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Dolores Kulaš (Dolly Cool) on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Tanya on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway