This week’s Cook the Book Fridays recipe from My Paris Kitchen – Artichoke Tapenade (with Rosemary Oil) was the simplest “recipe” I’ve made in a while. It’s the sort of thing that is great to have up your sleeve when unexpected guests drop in because it’s made from ingredients you probably already have in your […]
Yes, it’s another fishy recipe for this week’s French Fridays with Dorie (skate with capers, cornichons, and brown butter sauce, p 291). I’ll admit I didn’t think far enough ahead be able to get skate (most likely this would have required a special trip to the market or ordering it in at my local fishmonger). […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe, pissaladière is a version of pizza, popular in southern France, topped with caramelized (nearly puréed) onions, garlic, olives and anchovies. Anchovies being one of my least favourite foods in the world, I switched these out for some oven roasted tomatoes (the last few from this summer’s crop), and […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): (kinda sorta) Philadelphia Blueberry Corn Tart
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos