This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Creamy Mushrooms and Eggs, p 163) is my idea of heaven. It’s ostensibly a breakfast dish but one I would love to eat for any meal, actually. A little shallot, sauteed in a bit of butter prepares the way for mushrooms (I used maitake, button and crimini) which […]
I love apples but teeth I need to be careful of due to a recent root canal and an upcoming crown have prevented me from enjoying a fresh apple for many more months that I care to think about. So this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Long and Slow Apples, p 390) was a […]
Long before I was blogging, I was reading food blogs. Some of the first blogs I read are still amongst the blogs I read today – including Smitten Kitchen. Deb Perelman’s honest, clever writing, her recipes that always work and her gorgeous pictures have kept me coming back for years now. And clearly I am […]
Brunch and croissants – they go hand in hand, right? Well… kinda. I tend to like a little bit of savoury with my sweet on the weekends so when I was charged with creating brunch dishes featuring Sobeys’ All-Butter Croissants for friendly brunch contest with the #loveSobeys gang, I made sure to include a sweet […]
This month’s Kitchen Bootcamp challenge – Eggs and Breakfast – was one I was struggling a little with. I understood Jen’s choice (she’s 7 months pregnant and was looking for easy recipes to complete in the height of summer!) but many of the recipes were much heavier dishes than I usually eat on a summer […]
what are you looking for?
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples