I love a good sandwich. Specifically, I love a good Croque Monsieur. I’ve been thinking about making one since I got back from France this summer where I had not the best Croque Monsieur I have ever had but a pretty darned tasty one at Café Marly, overlooking the Pyramide du Louvre. Basically a grilled […]
I love recipes that can be put together in about 15 minutes, helpful for when you realise you’ve made the wrong Dorie recipe this week and you have only a few hours of sunlight left to get the correct recipe made and photographed in time! This “bread” (though it’s more like a savoury pound cake) […]
I have to admit, I’m loving these easy French Fridays with Dorie “recipes” lately. Cases in point – last week’s pistachio-avocado, the week before’s asparagus soup and this week’s “tartine” (p 44). It’s crazy month for teachers (this is my last Friday of the school year – and it’s not even a full day – […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was Savory Brioche Pockets (pp 421-422) – one I will admit to not properly reading all the way through before embarking on it. At 8pm on a Saturday night. After having hosted cooking classes for nearly 80 people in the previous two days. So, yeah, I am cutting myself […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (coupétade – baked French toast bread pudding, p 419) was one I think I will have to re-make this weekend for Mothers’ Day. Because guess what? My mum loves bread pudding and guess what? She’s arriving for a quick visit tonight It’s a shame Dad won’t be with […]
what are you looking for?
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: Rice Pudding and Caramel Apples