Everyone knows that teaching kids to cook is something I am passionate about. Through my Petits Chefs and Cooking Basics classes, I’m teaching my students how to cook, yes, but also life skills that will serve them well as adults. This year, you’ll also know that for Food Revolution Day – TODAY - Jamie Oliver […]
Garbure, huh? Yes, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (garbure, p 86) is a hearty old stew with a ham hock, cabbage and a whole host of other veggies including white beans, turnips, carrots and potatoes. There’s also a duck leg and some garlic sausage. Pure comfort food and perfect for this ridiculous winter. […]
I don’t know about you but the ridiculously cold weather we’ve been having lately here in Toronto is making me crave comfort food (apologies to those of you who read from Australia – I am guessing you don’t want any comfort food in the middle of summer!). Unfortunately, on the heels of the festive season […]
I was so thrilled a few weeks ago to read the list of February recipes for French Fridays with Dorie – since we would be curing our own pancetta for Charcutepalooza, I was excited to use it in this week’s dish: Green beans with pancetta (p 333). Dorie calls it a “simple dish made special […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Sunshine G on Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)
- Justine Navarro on Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils
- Cathy on Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)