This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie/ Baking with Julia recipe (Best Ever Brownies, pp 331 – 332) has quite the name to live up to, huh? Not just “best” but “best ever”. Well it seemed like a simple enough recipe from the ingredients – flour, butter, chocolate, sugar, eggs. Billed as “soft, dark, baked until just […]
I can’t think of anything more therapeutic to do as you recover from root canal surgery (as I was this past weekend) than making a loaf of bread which took over 24 hours. No, seriously. I mean it. When you’re kind of out of it and feel like you are pushing your way through cotton […]
For those of you who have been following along my adventures for a little while, this week’s Tuesdays with Dorie/ Baking with Julia could nearly be a wordless post. I mean, I made bread. And it looks and tastes amazing. Period. Full Stop. (if you’re new to this site, this in itself is incredible!) Not […]
Hurrah! After last week’s pie with a lid for Tuesdays with Dorie, this week was much more my speed – a rustic galette filled with mixed berries (p 377). Sadly though in my attempt to be organised for Tuesdays with Dorie, I accidentally bought the ingredients for this week’s crust last week and then this […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was one I couldn’t wait to try. Blueberry Nectarine Pie (p 384) couldn’t have come at a better time – I’m in Paris with access to beautiful fruit and I loved the idea of slightly tart blueberries with juicy sweet nectarines. But in a pie? Hmmm… Now don’t take […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!