This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was one I had been looking to since I first got the book. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon, lettuce and tomato, especially when it’s paired with eggs! I chose to serve this with Dorie’s soft-boiled eggs instead of hard boiled eggs, forgoing the mayonnaise as the runny […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe is a classy version of what I remember my dad having for dinner many Sunday nights when I was little: Eggs and Bacon. This version is in a salad with asparagus. Eggs, bacon and asparagus salad (pp 130 – 131)- What could possibly be better? Turns out, not […]
This post is about the making of a sandwich. Michael Ruhlman’s eggs Benedict from scratch, to be specific. When he posted about it the day before this month’s Charcutepalooza challenge (hot smoking) was announced, I wondered if smoked bacon might figure and was delighted that it did! Neil and I decided to smoke some salmon […]
This month’s Charcutepalooza challenge was brining and for a couple of weeks there, it seemed there wasn’t a minute in the ELTW household that we were not either brining meat or cooking brined meat. Not too challenging in itself, our major challenge was finding the space in our fridge for meat brining containers! We started […]
This month’s Mactweets Challenge, Macs are in the Air, began with “Ah, who cannot but think of Valentine’s Day as soon as we turn the corner and come nose to nose with February?” Errr… me? It’s true, I am not a fan of Saint Valentine’s Day and neither is Mr Neil. I’d much rather surprise […]
what are you looking for?
- Mary Hirsch on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Christy @ Confessions of a Culinary Diva on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Cakelaw on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Teresa on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Betsy on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!