This is a guest post written by Neil Phillips and participates in today’s Winophiles Twitter chat which is all about Southwest France and the wines from this region! See below for more details! Armagnac, Cognac, Brandy – what’s in a name? Southwest France produces two well-known brandies. While Cognac is certainly the more famous, it […]
It’s le 14 juillet (Bastille Day for those of you who are not en France!). So what better way to celebrate French Fridays than with a quintessentially (Southwest) French dessert – with Armagnac and prunes! Our little rental home (maison de la fontaine) is situated in the heart of prune country (you might have heard […]
what are you looking for?
- Blueberry-almond tartlets
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Coffee Malteds (kind of…)
- Summer Reads: Duck Season: Eating, Drinking and Other Misadventures in Gascony, France’s Last Best Place
- Armagnac, a primer (for #Winophiles)
- French Fridays: Clafoutis, Southwest France style (for #Winophiles)