I made this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Chicken, apples and cream à la Normande, p 218) last weekend and it was so delicious that I KNEW I had to try it out with my Petits Chefs (on the heels of their successful foray into The Smitten Kitchen). It’s a simple dish – pan […]
Oh my. This dessert for French Fridays with Dorie was much anticipated. And it happened to coincide with Canadian Thanksgiving – could there be a better dessert for Thanksgiving for a non-pumpkin pie-loving baker than this – layers of filo pastry (with butter and sugar – mmmm!) topped with almond pastry cream and crunchy apples […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie (Endives, apples and grapes, p 338) was the type of simple dish that makes you wonder “Why didn’t I think of that?” Caramelised endives and apples with grapes sounds a little odd but it really works – the sweet of the apples against the bitter endives is a great […]
Here’s the thing. I’m pretty organised. Some would say overly so. So, you know, when I travel for an extended period of time and know I am going to have access to a kitchen, I’ll photocopy recipes I know I might need in advance. For French Fridays with Dorie, for Tuesdays with Dorie, for Kitchen […]
Another super simple French Fridays with Dorie. This week. Not that I am complaining, mind you ;) A Gorgonzola apple quiche (p 157) – the perfect combination of sweet and salty and savoury with a buttery crust (yes, I made it from scratch!). The dough does need to rest for 3+ hours in the fridge […]
what are you looking for?
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)