Those of you who read here often or who follow me on Instagram will already be familiar with my love for l’heure de l’apéro. Cocktail hour in France is serious business. It’s not just a drink with a few peanuts, it’s quite often something a lot more substantial, signaling the bridge between the workday and […]
If you followed me on Instagram over the summer, you’ll have noticed a trend (well, other than the appearance of lots more frites than usually appear on my feeds!). Many days, around 6-7pm, a photo of l’heure de l’apéro would pop up. L’heure de what??? Cocktail (apéritif) hour. The “apéro” as it’s known is the […]
I love recipes that can be put together in about 15 minutes, helpful for when you realise you’ve made the wrong Dorie recipe this week and you have only a few hours of sunlight left to get the correct recipe made and photographed in time! This “bread” (though it’s more like a savoury pound cake) […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: One day in Toulouse in August – ideas for food enthusiasts!
- Back to reality: A fresh lunchbox idea
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups
- Walking (part of) the Camino de Santiago: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Valcarlos
- French Fridays: Cherry tomato crostini with homemade herbed goat cheese from My Paris Kitchen