This week’s Cook the Book Fridays recipe from David Lebovitz’ My Paris Kitchen used the leftover salt cod and potato purée from the recipe we made a couple of weeks ago. Well actually some of us had to make an entire new (half) batch of the purée. I had saved some of the original purée […]
Those of you who read here often or who follow me on Instagram will already be familiar with my love for l’heure de l’apéro. Cocktail hour in France is serious business. It’s not just a drink with a few peanuts, it’s quite often something a lot more substantial, signaling the bridge between the workday and […]
If you followed me on Instagram over the summer, you’ll have noticed a trend (well, other than the appearance of lots more frites than usually appear on my feeds!). Many days, around 6-7pm, a photo of l’heure de l’apéro would pop up. L’heure de what??? Cocktail (apéritif) hour. The “apéro” as it’s known is the […]
I love recipes that can be put together in about 15 minutes, helpful for when you realise you’ve made the wrong Dorie recipe this week and you have only a few hours of sunlight left to get the correct recipe made and photographed in time! This “bread” (though it’s more like a savoury pound cake) […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Sunday in Paris chocolate cake
- Giveaway: Where to Go When (Canada) (CLOSED)