This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe is a lesson in why it always pays to read the recipe all the way through before you go to start it. I’m definitely getting better about this but sometimes if I am on a roll (i.e. I have successfully made 5 different dishes, both sweet and savoury, […]
I’m excited to announce that I have been chosen as a Kraft Canada “What’s Cooking?” contributor. As such, I will be writing one post a month over the course of a year, highlighting recipes, tips and tricks to help YOU get cooking! It’s been an odd Fall. This past weekend it’s been incredibly mild weather […]
You know you’ve had a busy day in the kitchen when you misread a recipe and only realise it the next day, having racked your brains over and over again to try to figure out what’s going wrong but you just can’t. In any case, there’s so much food that you know you don’t even […]
Oh my. This dessert for French Fridays with Dorie was much anticipated. And it happened to coincide with Canadian Thanksgiving – could there be a better dessert for Thanksgiving for a non-pumpkin pie-loving baker than this – layers of filo pastry (with butter and sugar – mmmm!) topped with almond pastry cream and crunchy apples […]
It’s going to be a short and sweet French Fridays with Dorie this week. I’ve been super busy with Food Revolution Day planning, Food Bloggers of Canada business and work but I managed to fit in this week’s recipe (Almond Flounder Meunière, p 290) last weekend when I invited a friend over for dinner, ensuring […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!