Last week’s Seafood Newburg left us with a lot of leftover sauce… What to do? 1. Purchase 2 lobsters on special from Grocery Gateway: 2. Sautée them in some a big dob of butter. 3. Slowly heat up the sauce with the sautéed lobster and voilà you have a lobster bisque-type dish. Delicious! (NB, we […]
Here they are! A day later the pastry was still light and fairly crispy and after reheating in a slow over (300 degrees F) they were cooked “to perfection” according to Neil. Mine, well it stayed in the oven a little longer, shall we say! (and ooops – there’s one there with the duxelles on […]
So our last “hands-on” class in Culinary II was making Beef Stephanie – actually mini beef Wellingtons.. Now Beef Wellington is a dish that looks and sounds so fancy and I had never made it before last night. Having made it once (crudely as you can tell from the pics to follow), I might even […]
So, what WAS the mystery meal deal component that saved my breakfast yesterday in Sault Ste Marie? MILK! Who KNEW that Subway offered that as a choice in their meal deals? Anyway, that combined with my penchant for packing snacks (I am my mother’s daughter!) saved my tummy at breakfast. Here it is in all […]
9.30am on a Saturday morning. It’s cool out with the promise of sun later. Neil and I wander around Union Station… We lurk around the station, scoping out the passersby, trying to identify other potential racers. 10.30am. Instructions are being given… Public transport or feet are the only means of transport allowed. No jaywalking (we […]
what are you looking for?
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- S on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)