I got this down to a fine art when completing my MA over the past 2 years. My friend Joy and I called it “regrouping” and it often involved shuffling papers from one place to another, phoning each other for long periods of time (she lives in England, the phone companies loved us for those […]
No – it’s a “UFO peach” – also known as a “donut peach”. There arrived a week or so ago and shortly after I took this photo, they disappeared – so I can’t tell you what they taste like Neil…? The photo below (sans sticker) shows a bit more of the donut shape. TweetShare
A blog reader, Shelley who is originally from New Brunswick, emailed me the following information after reading my Fiddleheads post from a few weeks ago: “Being from New Brunswick this is one of the things that spring has in store – you pick them wild and take them home clean them up and then – […]
Not macaroons, the coconut flavoured North American imposter with a deceptively similar name. No, macarons. These: The ones above were actually brought back from Laudrée in Paris by a parent at my school who knows and understands about my macaron addiction. This same parent gave me a gift certificate and three sample macarons from Chabichou […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Geoff on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month