Even though some of our tomatoes are obviously late bloomers, there’s a most definite chill in the air these days. Trying to prolong those lazy summer days and warm nights, Neil produced the most wonderful plate of local tomatoes (from a friend’s garden), buffalo mozzarella (ahem, not local) with fresh basil from our garden and […]
“Wow” is all I can say! You can read more about his sandwich here. As it says in his post, his wife (and photographer) Donna will be reviewing the entries for the contest this week and will post the results next week. I am not hopeful we will win anything but boy, it sure was […]
For this week’s Keep it Local Challenge meal, we had a glut of produce to choose from after our organics delivery on Friday – amongst it, shallots and potatoes from August’s Harvest in Stratford, Ontario and yellow peppers from Dolway Organic Garden in the Thames River Valley. Also, some beautiful tomatoes from our friends’ back […]
It’s the annual Polish Festival in our neighbourhood this weekend, so Neil and I had our traditional Saturday at the Polish Festival lunch: Polish sausage in a bun and pierogies (Neil). Cheddar cheese pierogies (for me). Up close, dunking in the sour cream. Mmmmm… TweetShare
Well our second tomato plant finally started producing fruit (it’s now about 6 feet high -a bit of a slow developer!) so it looks like some more tomato salads are going to be in order. Speaking of tomatoes, some of our friends were quite unhappy that they missed out on the BLT from scratch extravaganza […]
what are you looking for?
- Jonnie on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Cher on French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils
- Cher on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Zosia on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Mr. Neil on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)
- French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils