Another post from Mr Neil, Master Butcher: So tonight we decided to cook up some of the thick slices of our good friend George. I must say, they look very nice in the frypan! It ended up being the centrepiece of dinner, they were so thick. (With apologies for the odd-looking dinner…am in “clean out […]
Last weekend my mum and dad treated me to dinner at Uncorked, the restaurant upstairs at the Union Hotel in North Sydney (thanks!). A serene, white room above the crazed rugby mob in the lounge downstairs, Uncorked has a short but classy menu (click to enlarge images). Mains: Sides: and desserts: (can you see where […]
Three of my absolute favourite treats from my childhood involve chocolate. Wait – are you getting the idea that I spent my formative years eating chocolate? I guess I did! (thanks mum!) These treats are not sophisticated at all but evoke fond memories… Behold Caramello Koala (formerly Caramello Bear), Strawberry Freddo (love that he has […]
Well as we all know by now, I really do heart macarons. My mum here in Sydney was intrigued so I thought we should try again, especially since the last time I made them, it was a complete disaster… We followed David Lebovitz’s recipe again, and as per usual, these turned out completely differently than […]
Australian Gourmet Traveller has named MoVida “the best Spanish restaurant in the country.” The Age Good Food Guide says: “A true destination restaurant – you may overhear international diners who’ve made it a centrepiece of their visit, or see foodies brandishing copies of the restaurant’s eponymous book for chef Frank Camorra to sign – the […]
what are you looking for?
- Angel Reyes on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Angel Reyes on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Cakelaw on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Rose on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- EmilyC on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote