As part of last weekend’s Keep it Local challenge meal, I used the last of our tomatoes up to make this wonderfully simple but tasty soup. A very rag-tag bunch they were too… I picked up some local carrots from Rowe Farms to include also. Local onions from last week’s organic delivery were also needing […]
but we sure had fun trying! We’ll be doing it again next year (actually we’re curing more bacon and pancetta right now…) Check out the winners of Michael Ruhlman’s BLT from Scratch winners here…. Photo by Jerad Dunnohew (the overall winner!) TweetShare
For this week’s local challenge, I had a few vegetables to use up from last week’s organic delivery box – Chinese eggplant and yellow zucchini (both from local Ontario farms). I paired this with some patty pan squash and cremini mushrooms I found at Rowe Farms with the intention of grilling them. Even sizing to […]
This story starts back in February, on a snowy long weekend. Celebrating the fact that neither of us had to go to work on Monday, we headed out to a place we had been wanting to try for a while – Tati Bistro. An unobtrusive storefront leads to a bistro so French you can almost […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Sunshine G on Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)
- Justine Navarro on Dinner in 30 minutes or less (and a giveaway!)
- Teresa on French Fridays with Dorie: French Lentils
- Cathy on Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Speciatly diets (Gluten Free)