After our trip to Monforte Dairy and Soiled Reputation, we headed out to Perth Pork Products, a certified hog farm which has been selling pork products since 1992 directly to the public on the farm and to local restaurants and stores. Chefs are loyal customers of the farm due to the exceptional quality of their […]
As you know from Sunday’s post, I was fortunate enough to spend a day in the company of many fine writers and bloggers in Stratford, Ontario, as a guest of the Stratford Tourism Alliance and Savour Stratford. The (10 hour) day was too much to fit in one post so over the next few days […]
Jamie’s Cracking Burgers Ingredients • 12 cream or plain crackers, such as Jacob’s • 8 sprigs of fresh Italian parsley • 2 heaped teaspoons Dijon mustard • 1 pound good-quality ground beef • 1 large egg, preferably free-range or organic • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper • Olive oil • 1 romaine or […]
It might be said that we were a little “obsessed” with the “Obsessed” episode of No Reservations we saw a few weeks before we headed to New York. We added a few restaurants from that show to our ever-expanding list of places to go in NYC, including Co. Pizza which I already wrote about but […]
Basic Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients: • 3/4 cup clarified butter (warm) • 4 egg yolks • Juice from 1 large lemon • sea salt, to taste Method: Whisk the egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl for a couple of minutes, until the it is light and foamy (note: my yolks were so thick they never […]
what are you looking for?
- Ann Mah on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Mardi Michels on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.
- Adria J. Cimino on Learning how to make brioche at La Cuisine Paris
- Joyce on Why do my macarons have hollow shells? A work in progress.
- Planning VIA Rail Transcon Trip in Sleeper/Business - FlyerTalk Forums on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect