Jamie Oliver’s Fruit Scones Adapted from Fruit Scones, p. 331, Jamie’s Food Revolution (thanks to Rachael/La Fuji Mama for letting me cut and paste this recipe!) Makes 10 scones Jamie says: This is a cracking recipe for scones which uses dried cherries as well as the more traditional raisins. However feel free to substitute any […]
As many of you know, Neil and I took advantage of Canada’s Victoria Day long weekend to take a quick trip to New York. You know it was my birthday birthmonth after all, right? Our plans? Eating, drinking, lots of walking, meeting old and new friends and trying to fit as much into 2 1/2 […]
Anna Olson’s Sour Cream Apple “coffee” Cake Yield 6 Light or low-fat sour cream, while ideal for topping things, is not ideal in baking recipes. Use regular sour cream in all your baked goods. Ingredients: Cake • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature • 1 cup sugar • 2 eggs • 1 teaspoon vanilla • […]
Mmmm – doesn’t that look good? And how about when it’s paired with this? Last weekend, my sister and I spent an afternoon learning all about great wine and cheese pairings, courtesy of the kind folks at Rosewood Estates Winery and The Dairy Farmers of Canada, as part of the Salut Toronto Seminar Series. You […]
Jamie Oliver’s Bolognese Sauce Ingredients Serves 4-6 2 slices of smoked bacon, preferably free-range or organic 2 medium onions 2 cloves of garlic 2 carrots 2 celery stalks (we added mushrooms – about a cup of finely sliced button mushrooms) olive oil 2 heaped teaspoons dried oregano 1 lb good quality ground been, pork or […]
what are you looking for?
- Mardi Michels on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Diane Balch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- yummychunklet on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Candy (Dulce) on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote