Neil and I are planners. A Virgo and a Taurus suffering from wanderlust need to have at least one vacation planned at all times. So I have known about last weekend’s trip to New York since nearly before I was blogging. I have certainly known about it since before I met all the wonderful people […]
Pâte à Choux Ingredients: ¾ cup (175 ml.) water 6 Tbsp. (85 g.) unsalted butter ¼ Tsp. salt 1 Tbsp. sugar 1 cup (125 g.) all-purpose flour 4 large eggs For Egg Wash: 1 egg and pinch of salt Method: Pre-heat oven to 425◦F/220◦C degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Preparing batter: Combine water, butter, salt and sugar […]
Jamie Oliver’s Fruit Scones Adapted from Fruit Scones, p. 331, Jamie’s Food Revolution (thanks to Rachael/La Fuji Mama for letting me cut and paste this recipe!) Makes 10 scones Jamie says: This is a cracking recipe for scones which uses dried cherries as well as the more traditional raisins. However feel free to substitute any […]
As many of you know, Neil and I took advantage of Canada’s Victoria Day long weekend to take a quick trip to New York. You know it was my birthday birthmonth after all, right? Our plans? Eating, drinking, lots of walking, meeting old and new friends and trying to fit as much into 2 1/2 […]
Anna Olson’s Sour Cream Apple “coffee” Cake Yield 6 Light or low-fat sour cream, while ideal for topping things, is not ideal in baking recipes. Use regular sour cream in all your baked goods. Ingredients: Cake • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature • 1 cup sugar • 2 eggs • 1 teaspoon vanilla • […]
what are you looking for?
- Mr. Neil on Visiting Le Salin d’Aigues-Mortes in the Camargue
- Coco in the Kitchen on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Danielle @ theCHARMITspot on What’s Cooking? Grilled cheese month
- Caramel Apple Truffles - Shugary Sweets on Les Petits Chefs make tomato and goat cheese tartelettes
- Mary Hirsch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote