I *loved* this week of French Fridays with Dorie – it’s one of my favourite meals. The French equivalent of cottage or shepherd’s pie, it’s named after Antoine-Augustin Parmentier, a French pharmacist, nutritionist, and inventor who, according to Wikipedia, in the late 18th century, was instrumental in the promotion of the potato as an edible […]
Last week we had a small crew of Petits Chefs due to a change in schedule but we went ahead and made a quick and easy dinner dish that the boys were delighted with – mac and cheese (sneaking in the high fibre with whole grain pasta and cauliflower!). It was a super easy recipe, […]
Ok, so in my latest Project Food Blog post (Pizza, remixed. Three ways), I promised you a recipe for the corn fritters that I used as a base for one of the pizzas. This one… For that recipe, I made the base fairly flat and cut it perfectly round but the recipe was adapted from […]
Oh my, we’re halfway through! Thank you so much for voting me this far in Project Food Blog. I am so grateful to you all for reading and voting, because I wouldn’t be here without you! So, onto Challenge 5 – We had to put our own spin on Pizza. Foodbuzz said: “How you do […]
For this week’s French Fridays with Dorie, we made a fabulous Vietnamese soup that is perfect for this all-of-a-sudden cold snap we are having. I love all types of noodle soups and lived on them last summer in Laos, but rarely make them from scratch myself. Dorie’s version (pp 98-100) is very accessible and doesn’t […]
what are you looking for?
- Janet Butler on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Kathy on French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- Christina D on The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Paula on What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- What’s cooking? Apple crisp
- French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche
- The Second Cup Piaggio sampling truck: offering Canadians the Flat White across the country!
- Les Petits Chefs make bread, butter and jam!
- Food Revolution Ambassador monthly challenge for September 2014: Specialty diets (Gluten Free)