The 2010 November Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Simona of briciole. She chose to challenge Daring Bakers to make pasta frolla for a crostata. She used her own experience as a source, as well as information from Pellegrino Artusi’s Science in the Kitchen and the Art of Eating Well. Ahem. I have a confession […]
It’s funny – when I lived in France, I missed the most inane things. Amongst which were cake mixes. Now before you get on my back about “real food”, I have two caveats to offer: 1. I was very young. 2. I lived in a teeny tiny chambre de bonne (basically a glorified cupboard on […]
This month’s Mactweets is all about the flavours of fall. For me, fall is actually autumn and doesn’t really include all the pumpkiny flavours of North America, even though I have been here 10 years now (though you will see I have made a valiant attempt to learn to love the pumpkin in my next […]
I know, I know, TWO Petits Chefs posts in the space of days. But I wanted to take this opportunity to talk a little but about why I decided to start the cooking club in the first place. Last November, I heard Jamie Oliver speak in Toronto (I wrote about it here), mainly about his […]
Last week in cooking club, my petits chefs helped me test one more recipe from my generous IFBC sponsor, USA Rice. I had been intrigued by the “Bountiful Brown Rice Muffins” ever since I saw the recipe and since I am always looking for healthy recipes the boys might be able (and want) to make […]
what are you looking for?
- Mary Hirsch on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Christy @ Confessions of a Culinary Diva on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Cakelaw on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Teresa on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Betsy on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!