Thank you Sarah from Maison Cupcake – I am honoured to be hosting this month’s Forever Nigella event – in the month of the Royal Wedding. Well, for me, the second Royal Wedding since “the” wedding will always be Prince Charles and Lady Di’s in 1982. At my Catholic all-girls school, where I was in […]
The March 2011 Daring Bakers’ Challenge was hosted by Ria of Ria’s Collection and Jamie of Life’s a Feast. Ria and Jamie challenged The Daring Bakers to bake a yeasted Meringue Coffee Cake. I have to admit, I was not a happy camper when I saw the word “yeasted” in the title of this challenge. […]
I love scallops and jump at the chance to order them when we eat out but haven’t cooked them much at home so when I saw this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was Scallops with Caramel-Orange Sauce (pp 317 – 319), I was excited. Then, reading through the recipe, I got to the part […]
Since our Spring here in Toronto has dawned a little rainy and cold (er – do I see snow in the forecast later this week? Noooo!), I though I might brighten up the week with some more images from our Mexico trip this past December/ January. After travelling in Michoacán and seeing the Monarch butterflies, […]
Yes, it’s the Jour du Macaron again! I can hardly believe it’s been a year since the famous FIVE batches of macarons it took to get one pretty picture last year! Time flies when you are having fun, I guess! I was planning on posting my Mactweets for this month today and yesterday, set about […]
what are you looking for?
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs make chicken and shrimp potstickers with Vanessa Yeung
- Graham on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- SY on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect
- Joy M on Happy Birthday Dorie: French Fridays bakes from Baking Chez Moi!
- Malcolm Andrews on Toronto to Vancouver by train on VIA Rail’s The Canadian: What to expect