I recently had the good fortune to be on the receiving end of some exquisite products from a company called Nudo Italia, courtesy of the kind folks at YC Media. Nudo is a family-run co-operative between nine small, olive producers in small hilltop village in the Marche region of Italy. Best known for its unique […]
Nutty Pop Ingredients 230g white sugar 140g brown sugar 90g glucose 230g raw whole almonds 230g raw mammoth pecans 60g popped popcorn pinch salt 90g butter 90g water Method In a large heavy bottom pot, mix white sugar, brown sugar, glucose, salt and water. Bring to a boil and add butter. Using a candy thermometer, […]
Jamie Oliver’s Pea and Mint Soup Jamie says: A delicious soup which is lovely hot, or cold with a squeeze of lemon juice in the summer. My wife likes hers with a portion of fries on the side, to dip into the soup – naughty but nice! Serves 6-8 2 carrots 2 celery stalks 2 […]
When I saw that Mactweets’ June theme was “Take a Walk on the Wild Side“, I had but one thought in mind: jungle. And when I think “jungle,” I think this book: I used this when I taught English at the British Council in Paris years ago and both my 7-year-old students and I absolutely […]
It all began with an email invitation to apply to host an “Easy and Elegant Dinner Party” sponsored by Calphalon and Williams Sonoma and the House Party website. Both Neil and I received an invite, as we are on the Calphalon mailing list and I jumped at the chance because if you were picked, you […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Carol M on Homemade marshmallows and a Butter Baked Goods cookbook giveaway
- Carol M on The Cookbook Store’s 12 best cookbooks of 2013 (and a giveaway!)
- Amy Andrews on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!
- Coco in the Kitchen on Les Petits Chefs: more than just cooking and eating tasty food!