Tutti frutti mini pavlovas
Author: Mardi Michels adapted, with permission from La Cuisine Paris (lacuisineparis.com)
Recipe type: Dessert
- 100g egg whites
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- To serve: whipped cream, hundreds and thousands and berries
- Pre-heat oven to 250˚F.
- Use the whisk attachment of a KitchenAid stand mixer to start whipping the egg whites on medium speed (KitchenAid 6)
- Slowly add about ½ the sugar.
- Once the sugar is completely incorporated, gradually increase speed to high.
- Continue to add the remaining sugar.
- When all the sugar is completely incorporated, add the icing sugar and whisk at high speed until the whites form a glossy stiff meringue.
- Lightly mix in vinegar - a couple of turns of the mixer at low speed (KitchenAid 2) should do it.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently incorporate the cornstarch.
- Place the mixture in a heap on a baking tray lined with parchment or a Silpat.
- Cook for 30 (individual) to 60 (large size) minutes.
- After the time is up, turn off the oven and allow the pavlova to cool inside the oven.
- To serve, top the pavlova (it might be cracked on top but that's ok!) with whipped cream, sprinkle the hundreds and thousands over the cream and scatter the berries on top.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2014/07/tutti-frutti-mini-pavlovas/