Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: makes 20 small puffs
- ½ batch Dorie Greenspan's choux pastry dough
- approximately ½ cup 35 whipping cream, whipped
- your favourite raspberry jam
- approximately 150g semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- sweetened coconut, for sprinkling
- Make the choux according the directions, pipe into puffs. This quantity should make 20 small (bite-sized) puffs.
- Once the puffs are cooled, dip them in the melted chocolate to just cap their tops.
- Sprinkle with coconut and allow to cool.
- Just before serving, slice open the puffs (a serrated knife works best for this, I used a tomato knife).
- In the bottom of each puff, place approximately ½ - 1 teaspoon of the jam, depending on how sweet you want them.
- Pipe the whipped cream on top of the jam and top with the chocolate coated top halves.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2014/02/reinventing-the-lamington-2014-lami-choux/