Banana bran bread
Author: Mardi Michels adapted from Kraft Canada
Serves: makes 1 loaf
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Magic Baking Powder
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup oat bran
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup large flake oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup 0% plain Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Butter a 9x5 inch loaf tin.
- Mix flour, baking powder, flax, oat bran, wheat germ and oats in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, yoghurt, milk and honey until well combined.
- Gently stir the bananas into the wet ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon, slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake approximately 1 hour or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (I usually start checking my loaf after 45 minutes).
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on wire cooling rack until completely cooled.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2014/02/whats-cooking-banana-bran-bread/