Pea soup with lettuce and mint (aka: clean out the fridge soup!)
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 romaine lettuces, roughly chopped
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 2 cups frozen peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Greek yoghurt to serve
- Fresh mint to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until they start to soften.
- Add the dried mint and lettuce and stir to combine.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and cook until soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to stand and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blitz until smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and a sprinkle of freshly chopped mint.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2013/10/pea-soup-with-lettuce-and-mint-aka-clean-out-the-fridge-soup/