Banana bread with chocolate chips
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup flax meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup packed dark-brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Lightly oil a 9″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, flax meal, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, brown sugar, yogurt, and oil.
- Gently fold in the mashed bananas.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, and gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin. Serve warm.
- The loaf keeps well for a few days – to freshen it up, pop a slice in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2013/10/fresh-facts-about-produce-waste-in-canada-and-banana-bread-with-chocolate-chips/