Bacon and egg fried rice
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Breakfast, lunch or dinner
- 6 rashers bacon bacon, diced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- In a large wok over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from wok and drain on a paper towel.
- In a separate small, non-stick skillet, cook the eggs like an omelette.
- Remove from the pan and cut the omelette into small cubes. Set aside.
- Remove all but one tablespoon of bacon fat from the wok (keeping the remainder) and return to medium-high heat.
- Sautée the garlic and ginger until fragrant (about 3 minutes).
- Lower heat to medium-high, add the remainder of the bacon fat to the wok, then add the peas and rice.
- Heat through until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs and stir to distribute evenly.
- Add the bacon and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2013/06/for-my-dad-bacon-and-egg-fried-rice/