Granola muffins with cranberries and blueberries
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 cup granola (I used Kimberley's Own Just Seeds)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat bran
- ¼ cup oat bran
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a muffin pan, lining with paper cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, soak the granola and dried cranberries in the milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, wheat bran, oat bran, ground flax seeds, baking soda and baking powder, whisking to blend.
- In a large bowl, whisk honey, yoghurt, oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined.
- Add the granola/ dried cranberries and stir to combine.
- Finally, add the blueberries, incorporating gently.
- Using a ⅓ cup measure, distribute the mixture evenly. You'll have enough for 12 largish muffins with a teeny bit left over..
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the tins, then remove the muffins to cool completely on a wire rack.
- minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/12/baking-with-kimberleys-own-granola/