Wasabi devilled eggs
Author: Mardi Michels adapted from Egg Farmers of Ontario
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 6 hard cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) wasabi paste
- 12 small pieces pickled ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped chives or green onion
- Carefully scoop egg yolks into a bowl.
- Set whites on a serving plate and cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Mash the yolks, mayonnaise and wasabi until smooth.
- Using a piping bag (with or without a tip), pipe the mixture into the hollows of the whites.
- Sprinkle with chives and top with pickled ginger.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/10/wasabi-devilled-eggs/