Author: Gail Ellis
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 20 cupcakes
- 270g self raising (cake and pastry) flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100g room temperature unsalted butter
- 250g granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Champagne/ Cava/ Cremant etc…
- 180g egg whites (you can use cartons which are labelled as suitable for whipping)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Line a muffin pan tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, sift flour and salt and set aside.
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Measure out champagne.
- Add one-third of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar and beat until just combined
- Add half of the champagne and continue to mix gently.
- Add the rest of the champagne and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the rest of the flour, and mix until just combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in one-third of the egg whites gently into the mixture.
- Once incorporated, fold in the remaining egg whites. Do not over mix.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the muffin tins as soon as you can, and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/10/champagne-cupcakes-for-my-mum-happy-birthday/