Individual ratatouille clafoutis
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- about a cup of your favourite ratatouille
- butter, for greasing the ramekins
- extra cornmeal, for dusting the ramekins
- Grease six 6oz ramekins and dust with the extra cornmeal. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350˚F.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, flour and cornmeal.
- Place about 3-4 tablespoons of the ratatouille in each ramekin.
- Pour the custard over the ratatouille, to about ¾ way full.
- Place ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, until puffy.
- Turn on the broiler to high for 3-5 minutes until the tops of the clafoutis are golden brown.
- Serve at room temperature, or just warmed through in a low oven (covered in foil).
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/08/kitchen-bootcamp-ratatouille-clafoutis/