Author: Julia Child
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 cups peeled, sliced potatoes (I left the skin on)
- 3 cups sliced white of leek
- 1 1/2 quarts white stock, chicken stock, or canned chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup whipping cream (I used one tablespoon of 0% Greek yogurt for each shot glass and 3 tablespoons per soup bowl)
- Salt and white pepper
- Chilled soup cups (I used shot glasses and regular soup bowls)
- 2-3 tablespoons minced chives
- Simmer the vegetables in the stock or broth.
- Puree the soup either in an electric blender, or through a food mill (I used my immersion blender) and then through a fine sieve.
- Stir in the cream. Season to taste, over salting very slightly as salt loses flavour in a cold dish. Chill.
- Serve in chilled soup cups and decorate with minced chives.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/06/vichyssoise-for-the-jc100/