Twice-baked potatoes with bacon, green onions and almonds
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Main
- 2 Klondike Rose potatoes
- 2 rashers bacon, finely diced (reserve a little for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup Gruyère cheese, grated (reserve a little for garnish)
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds (reserve a little for garnish)
- 3 green onions, finely sliced (reserve a little for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place potatoes directly on oven rack and bake for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon cubes until not quite crispy.
- Cut a largish lid off the potatoes and scoop out flesh (be careful they are hot!).
- Mash the potato with the butter, Greek yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper and mix till well combined.
- Add the bacon, cheese, almonds and green onions.
- Stuff the potato shells with the mashed potato mixture, pressing the filling into the shell.
- Top with remaining bacon, onions, almonds and cheese.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese on top is bubbling and the inside is hot when a skewer is inserted.
- Serve with a green salad.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/06/for-my-dad-favourite-twice-baked-potatoes/