Nan MacKenzie's shortbread
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Cookie
Serves: makes approx 60 pieces
- 250g salted butter at room temperature
- 125g caster sugar
- 325g all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 300˚F.
- Using a hand-held electric beater, cream the butter and sugar until light in colour and very creamy.
- Add the flour, slowly, mixing well after each addition.
- Once all the flour is incorporated, knead until you have a solid mass of dough.
- Divide mixture into four pieces.
- Roll each piece out and form a circle or use a shortbread mould to create four discs.
- Prick with a fork and if you like, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake on parchment covered baking trays for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. The shortbread should still feel a little spongey but fairly firm to touch.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/03/everythings-better-with-butter/