Baked honey cheesecake with a chocolate-hazelnut crust
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker cookies
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 250g light cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 200g Liberté Honey Greek Yogurt 0%
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- finely grated semi-sweet chocolate, to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
- If your mini-springform pans are not non-stick, lightly grease them.
- Place the cookies and hazelnuts in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until your mixture is the texture you like it. For this recipe you may prefer a finer crumb.
- Transfer cookie and nut crumbs to a separate bowl and add melted butter, mixing until well combined.
- Distribute the crumb mixture evenly in the springform pans, pressing down with your fingers until it is solidly packed in.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove and chill whilst you prepare the filling.
- Lower oven temperature to 300˚F.
- Using an electric hand mixer, combine cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and honey until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour mix into the prepared pans over the crust.
- Rap the pans a couple of times on a countertop to make sure the filling is distributed evenly over the surface of the crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes. The top of the cheesecake will still be a little wobbly.
- Turn the oven off and open the door. Leave pans in oven for about 15 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, removing from fridge about 10-15 minutes before you will serve them.
- Serve with a dusting of finely grated chocolate.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/05/baked-honey-cheesecake-with-a-chocolate-hazelnut-crust/