Banana bread with granola and Greek yogurt
Author: Mardi Michels
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Liberté Honey Greek yogurt 0%
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granola
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Lightly oil a 9" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, flax baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, brown sugar, yogurt, and oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- Gently fold in the granola and bananas.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake fro about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin. Serve warm.
- The loaf keeps well for a few days - to freshen it up, pop a slice in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds.
Recipe by eat. live. travel. write. at http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2012/04/banana-bread-with-granola-and-greek-yogurt/